20 Oct Plunket Shield Round One – Cello Basin Reserve Entry Conditions
The Wellington Firebirds’ domestic summer gets underway at the Cello Basin Reserve this Saturday as they take-on the Otago Volts in round one of the Plunket Shield.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of the government’s level 2 restrictions in Wellington, a unique set of entry conditions to the Cello Basin Reserve have been put in place for this weekend’s match.
Attending cricket under Alert Level 2 restrictions:
- Please do not attend if you have cold and flu symptoms
- Please see the map below for spectator guidelines for outdoor seating
- The RA Vance Stand grandstand seating is unavailable under Alert Level 2, and is also currently under construction
- Sign-in with the NZ Covid Tracer App at the entry gates
- Always keep a one-metre distance from others. This includes when you are entering and exiting the venue, entering and exiting the bathrooms and when sitting in your seats.
- Be kind to staff and others attending and follow all Alert Level 2 requirements
Cricket Wellington Gold members
We are pleased to offer member access cricket in Alert Level 2, however there will be some changes to the way that the Longroom operates until we are back in Alert Level 1. Due to the evolving COVID-19 restrictions, these protocols are subject to change based Government announcements and changes will communicated to members.
- Entry and Exit to the Longroom is via the far right door at the back of the RA Vance Stand – this will be clearly labelled
- Members are also welcome to sit in the outdoors spectator area in the Old Pavilion Stand, and on the terrace seating in front of the Old Pavilion Stand.
- When exiting the Longroom into the ground, we ask that members do not enter or exit via the glass door at the far end of the Longroom. Please exit via the RA Vance glass doors, and re-enter through the spectator entrance at the top of the RA Vance carpark
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory when in the Longroom and should be worn at all times, unless you are eating or drinking. No mask, no entry
- Sign-in with the NZ Covid Tracer App at the entry gates or by using record-keeping slips available at the RA Vance Foyer desk
Food and Beverage in the Longroom:
- Due to catering restrictions, catering staff will take orders from Member’s seats. Please do not order at the bar
- Complementary tea and coffee will be available to all members which will be served by catering staff instead of a hot beverage station
- Food and Beverage will be available to purchase, and menus will be available at seats
At a glance:
Round 1 – Saturday 23rd – Tuesday 26th October
Wellington Firebirds v Otago Volts
First ball – 10.30am at Cello Basin Reserve, Wellington